1. Remove TrashStart by clearing out your vehicle of all the accumulated trash like receipts, bottles, and wrappers. Remove things that don't belong in the car like clothing or winter gear.
2. Dust & VacuumUse a can of compressed air to remove dirt from your vents, radio dials, or any other nooks and crannies. Then use your Shop Vac at home or the industrial vacuum cleaner at the car wash to remove dirt, leaves, and debris from the floor and seats.
Use Armor All cleaning wipes or all purpose cleaning spray to clean out your cup holders and sanitize your other interior surfaces. Don't forget your steering wheel, dashboard, and door handles!
3. Preserve Interior Surfaces
Use Windex or something similar to clean the inside of your windows. Don't forget about your front and rear windshield and your sun or moon roof if you have one.
4. Wipe the Windows
5. Head to the Car WashHead to the car wash to get your vehicle looking shiny and nice on the outside too! You could also hand wash your car at home, but either way, remember to hand dry! Air drying can leave spots on the paint!
Additionally, try these car hacks to keep your ride fresh all year long!
- Use wax melts and a small mason jar as a DIY air freshener!
- Place silicone cupcake liners in your cup holders to keep them clean! The cupcake liners can be tossed in the dishwasher!
- Keep tissues in a to-go cup for easy access.
- Keep a small container or bag for trash to keep your car clean.
- Wipe your wiper blades with rubbing alcohol to prevent streaks!
Hopefully you get a chance to do some spring cleaning for your home or vehicle! We hope our car care tips for spring cleaning gave you some inspiration to get started! For even more vehicle maintenance advice and tips on keeping your car looking fresh, check out our Spring Car Care pages. You can also reference our Spring Cleaning page for more info!
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, YouTube, and Instagram